A definite holy grail foundation of mine is the NARS Sheer Glow Foundation – I have normal-to-dry skin and this product was made for my skin! It always looks so beautiful, flawless and the right amount of dewy 🙂
I have never tried any of the other foundations in the NARS range, but I recently picked up the NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation as I’m liking more of a full-coverage look at the moment, and of course, I trust NARS with my life after seeing the masterpiece they created in the Sheer Glow, that I had to give this one a go! 😀
Here is what the NARS Cosmetics website says about each product:
NARS Sheer Glow Foundation
$68.00 AUD – www.mecca.com.au
A glowing, natural radiant finish foundation with sheer and buildable coverage that immaculately evens skin tone. Replete with skincare benefits and the NARS Complexion Brightening Formula, it leaves skin hydrated, more luminous, softer and smoother. Used daily, Sheer Glow Foundation improves the skin’s brightness and texture.
- For normal, normal-to-dry and dry skin types
- Hydrates for softer and smoother skin
- Contains powerful anti-oxidants to protect against damaging free radicals and turmeric extract to improve skin’s radiance and tone
- Streamlined packaging with ergonomic twist cap.
- Dermatologist tested. Non-comedogenic. Fragrance free.
- 1.0 Fl. Oz. 30 mL
NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation
$68.00 AUD – www.mecca.com.au
Full, natural-looking coverage with unexpectedly weightless, 16-hour wear. Highly pigmented and perfectly balanced, this breakthrough formula builds and blends effortlessly with just one drop—the result of exclusive innovation uniquely designed to deliver long-wearing full coverage, weightlessly. Shake, pump and blend in sections for complete coverage that’s completely natural looking.
Pure Innovation. Exclusively NARS.
Weightless Long-wear Technology delivers up to 16 hours of wear, while always feeling light-as-air. Featuring advanced flexible polymers and first-to-market treated pigments.
- Advanced flexible polymers move with the skin, providing extraordinary breathability and comfort.
- First-to-market treated pigments weightlessly deliver long-wearing, complete coverage without ever masking for perfected, natural-looking skin.
- Streamlined packaging with easy-lift cap.
Even Tone Technology is designed to instantly neutralize redness and dullness, while working long-term to reduce the appearance of discoloration for more even, uniform skin.
- Gold and green pigments in a perfect 4-to1 ratio optically manipulate how light reflects off skin’s surface, evening the complexion for instant luminosity. Green pigments negate redness on contact, while gold combats dullness.
- Scarlet Spiderling Root Extract helps reduce the appearance of discoloration and reveal brighter, more even skin over time.
Now of course, having used the Sheer Glow foundation religiously for probably the last 2 years, I feel as though I have a fairly good grip on its strengths/weaknesses and how it works and settles into my skin.
So after initially swatching the All Day Luminous Foundation, I’m pleasantly surprised to see that it has a very similar consistency and texture to the Sheer Glow, only it has more coverage – Which is just perfect right!?
Thank the stars for NARS! Just killing it at the foundation game! ❤
The claim of 16 hour lasting is just incredible, I honestly do not plan on ever wearing it or any other foundation for 16 hours straight, but a girl loves to have the option right? 😛
I can totally see the formula and coverage being created specifically for the long lasting wear that they set out to create.
I love the packaging, just like I love all NARS packaging. The glass bottle is chic and makes it feel super luxurious. And of course their signature black label and lid to keep it fitting the whole NARS theme.
I also love the pump (that is included!) unlike the Sheer Glow which requires you to purchase a pump separately.
Trying it on
Initially I only used 1 pump, dotted it all over my face and blended it in with a wet beauty sponge.
Some areas required more product, so all-in-all I think I used 1.5 to 2 pumps of product, which I think is definitely a reasonable amount.
The finish is beautiful, it makes my skin look so velvetty and smooth. I wouldn’t say it is ‘full coverage’ from just one application. It seems to be easily buildable, but definitely not full coverage. It also doesn’t have a strong scent like some foundations which I like a lot.
As per my usual routine with my Sheer Glow, I used the NARS Creamy Concealer under my eyes, on my chin & cupids bow and down my nose.
Followed by the Laura Mercier translucent setting powder only on my T-Zone.
I then went on and completed my face for the day.
There was no flashback from the foundation which is great! And the product definitely photographs well. It just looks so pretty; full coverage but natural at the same time.
Now I wouldn’t say that I’ve converted from Sheer Glow to the All Day Luminous, but I’ve definitely added it to my favourites in my beauty collection.
Even though they are both made by NARS, they are very different products.
I will always reach for my Sheer Glow for a quick no-makeup-makeup look or just to even out my skin tone when I’m running errands etc
But the All Day Luminous is a beautiful addition to my full coverage foundations for days when I want to be a bit more glam and for nights out / events.
Other products used in this post:
- Concealer – NARS; Creamy Concealer in Vanilla
- Setting Powder – Laura Mercier; Loose Powder in Translucent
- Bronzer – Anastasia Beverly Hills; Contour Kit in Light/Medium
- Blush – Hourglass; Ambient Lighting Blush
- Brows – DollFace Brow & Makeup Studio; Brow Pomade in Brunette
- Lashes – Fabulash; Volume 3D Eyelash Extensions
- Lips – Tarte; Tarteist Lip Paint in Birthday Suit
Do you have a favourite NARS Foundation?
Is it the Sheer Glow or All Day Luminous?
Or another one from the brand?
Let me know your thoughts and feelings on either or both of these products in the comments below 😀